What We Believe
- The Bible is God’s true and inspired Word to us.
- Jesus Christ is the only Lord and Savior, redeemer of our brokenness and of our broken world.
- The Holy Spirit is the teacher and guide Christ left with us when He ascended into heaven.
- God showered His grace upon us by sacrificing His Son Jesus and creating a way for us to live eternally with Him.
- Salvation is given to all those who profess faith in God and is never revoked. We are all sinners and by God’s grace we are saved.
- Prayer is the tool God has given us so that we can have a personal relationship with Him.
- Our relationship and time with the Lord enlivens and strengthens us to do the work He has planned for us to do.
President – Amy McElwain
Amy is the Operations Manager of the Bridge Avenue School, a Christian school for at risk students in Cleveland. She is a licensed social worker and has a heart for youth in marginalized communities. She, her husband Dan, and her daughters Rachel and Meagan attend Bay Presbyterian Church.
Treasurer – Leslie Gicei
Leslie is a member of Bethel Lutheran Church in Bath. She served on its church council and leads its education ministry. She also served on and chaired a number of not-for-profit boards including Building Hope in the City and Lutheran Metropolitan Ministries (and its Support to At-Risk Teens pillar). Leslie is the President of ABL Products, Inc., and she has over 33 years of experience as a lawyer. With her business and legal backgrounds, she consults with other companies to help them improve their bottom lines.
Secretary – Lana Rook
Lana Beros Rook has more than 30 years of experience in sales and sales management in the IT industry. Lana has served on multiple boards including acting as President of the Miami University Alumni Association and NOHIMSS. She is a member of Bay Presbyterian Church where she has worked in Children’s Ministry in the toddler room for more than 10 years and has served as a deacon the financial committee.
Retreat Director – Debra Griest
Deb has over 15 years of experience directing retreats and providing spiritual guidance. She has a Master’s Degree in Spiritual Formation from Ashland University and is an ordained elder in the Evangelical Presbyterian Church. Deb is a business consultant and executive coach during the week.
Bookkeeper – Bertha Simpson
Bertha is retired with 29 years of experience in various capacities in the Banking Industry. Her prior experience, the gift of administration and love for God has enabled her to serve in various positions at True Vine Baptist Church during her 13-year membership there. Currently, she serves as the Church Administrator.
Seeking Stillness is an equal opportunity employer committed to maintaining a diverse, mission-driven workforce. We maintain that policy in recruitment, hiring, career advancement, and all other human resources practices. Your job–related experience and other qualifications will be considered without discrimination on grounds of age, race, color, sex, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, veteran or other protected status. All information provided to Seeking Stillness will be treated confidentially.
CURRENT JOB OPENINGS
Currently, there are no open positions available.